The best pressing oil for natural hair are typically those with a high concentration of fatty acids. You can apply them to your scalp or use them as an all-over moisturizer. There are many benefits to using these oils, including increased blood flow and the growth of new cells in the follicles, which will help your hair grow faster and stronger!
Pressing oils can be used to prevent breakage and reduce tangles. They are especially helpful in the winter when hair is drier, but they’re good year-round!
Pressing oils are great for sealing the hair to prevent moisture loss. They should not be applied when your hair is wet, however, because it can weigh down your strands and make them look flat. Instead, use a pressing oil on dry or damp (not soaking) hair before you set out in the cold weather! That way they will help trap warmth near the roots where there’s less body heat. You may also find that this helps ease tension headaches caused by exposure to low temperatures.
- Read Also: 6 Best Hair Spray For African American Hair
Conventional moisturizers work through occlusion—that is preventing water from evaporating off of skin into the surrounding air—but natural oils do something else called “absorption” which allows nutrients deep within skin cells to get held onto.
Pressing oils are made up of macromolecules, which can penetrate deeply into the hair shaft and strengthen it against damage from heat tools. They will also help to combat frizz! For maximum results, be sure to apply them evenly throughout your hair for an even sheen without any greasy spots or build-up. The best pressing oil should be lightweight so that you don’t feel weighed down by the product during warmer months.
- 1 5 Best Pressing Oil for Natural Hair
- 2 Conclusion:
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Buying Guide for Pressing Oil for Natural Hair
5 Best Pressing Oil for Natural Hair
Dudley’s Cream Pressing Oil Unisex
Dudley’s Crème Press is a light, creamy oil blend designed to coat and protect the hair from the damaging effects of excessive curling, flat ironing, or blow dryer heat. It is concentrated with essential moisturizers and can be used as daily hairdressing. It will not stain or discolor gray or color-treated hair.
– Coat and protect hair from damage caused by excessive heat styling. – Daily use for softness and shine. –
Stops hair breakage and split ends.
– Prevents moisture loss by coating the hair shaft with a protective layer. – Deeply penetrates to give your hair incredible body, fullness, shine & manageability.
Directions for Use: Apply Dudley’s Leave-in Crème to damp or dry natural afro-textured hair as needed before heat styling. For best results use after Dudleys Shampooing Cream Cleanser leaving it in during rinsing process then towel dry & styled using curling irons, flat iron or blow dryers followed by Dudley’s Touchable Finish Hairspray for maximum protection against damage caused from excessive curling irons, flat irons, blow dryers, etc.
- Read Also: Best Perm for Bleached Hair
Blue Magic Best Pressing Oil for Natural Hair with Lanolin
This Best Pressing Oil For Natural Hair is a premium quality hair pressing oil that gives lovely high-silky gloss and holds curls for a long-lasting natural look. It helps protect your hair from burning during styling and also prevents breakage.
It’s super light, the nongreasy formula is infused with lanolin to nourish your hair while you style it. Use it for hot combing, flat ironing, blow-drying, or curling.
– Prevents hair breakage. – Instant shine and silkiness to hair strands. – Improves manageability of natural Afro-textured hair. – Maximum protection against burning while blow-drying or hot combing.
– Prevents moisture loss from the hair. – Controls frizz and flyaway hairs.
Dax Pressing Oil
Dax is the Original Coconut Oil Hair Treatment. A unique blend of coconut, castor, and olive oils designed to condition hair and prevent dryness, breakage, and split ends. Dax adds shine while protecting against heat damage caused by blow-drying, flat ironing, or curling irons. Simply apply a small amount to your hands then distribute evenly through damp hair before styling as usual.
– Leaves hair soft, shiny, and manageable. – Great for blow drying or hot combing to create sleek styles with high gloss shine and best pressing oil african american hair
Directions of Use: Apply Dax evenly through damp hair before heat styling. For best results use after shampooing then towel dry & styled using curling irons, flat iron, or blow dryers followed by your favorite Dax fragrance hairspray for maximum protection against damage caused by excessive flat ironing, etc.
Isoplus Pressing Oil
This best pressing oil for black hair is a light quality formula that lends the look of relaxed hair without chemical processing. Helps repel moisture, while giving hair a long-lasting press with a light, silky shine full of body and volume. ISOPLUS Premium Quality Hair Relaxer & Perm is an all-in-one relaxer for chemically processed hair delivering superior results in less time. ISOPLUS Premium Quality Hair Relaxer & Perm delivers superior results in less time while protecting against damage to your hair.
– Helps repel moisture. – Gives hair a long-lasting press with a silky shine and full of body.
Directions for Use: Apply Isoplus evenly through damp or dry natural Afro-textured hair as needed before heat styling using curling irons ,flat iron etc to create your desired style & protect against damage caused from excessive burning while blow-drying, hot combing, etc followed by your favorite Isoplus fragrance hairspray for maximum protection against damage caused from excessive use of flat ironing and other hairdressing tools.
Softee Bergamot Hair Dress and Pressing Oil
“This best pressing oil for natural hair is an oil that helps relieve excessive dryness and itching. It Gives hair lustrous control and aids in styling.”
This Best Pressing Oil is a hair care product that will help you achieve the look you want. It’s made with natural ingredients like bergamot, lemon, lavender, rosemary, mint, thyme, and ylang-ylang oils to give your hair the nutrients it needs. This product comes in a convenient bottle with an easy-to-use spray nozzle.
– Gives hair lustrous control and aids in styling. – Helps relieve excessive dryness and itching. – Made with natural ingredients like bergamot, lemon, lavender, etc.
Directions for Use: Spray Softee Hair Dress & Pressing Oil evenly on your scalp or through your tresses as needed before heat styling using curling irons flat iron etc to create the desired look you want to be followed by your favorite fragrance hairspray for maximum protection against damage caused by excessive burning while blow-drying, hot combing. etc.
Pressing oils are the best choice for those looking to maintain natural African hair as they provide moisture and repel frizz. They also protect against burning while blow-drying, hot combing, etc which helps enhance healthy growth and shine. You should always use your favorite fragrance hairspray after applying any pressing oil of your choice for maximum protection from damage caused by excessive heating with hairdresser tools such as flat ironing.
- Read Also: The 5 Best Weave For Thin Hair of 2021
Always remember that using a heat-protecting spray is essential when using hot styling tools on Afro-textured hair to avoid burns or damaging the root of the hair which causes breakage. In addition, it’s important to shampoo, condition & deep condition regularly especially if you’re wearing an afro style because this enhances good.
How to choose the best pressing oil for natural hair?
We have collated a list of the best pressing oils for natural hair to help you get started. This is based on customer reviews and also our own research through testing them on different types of Afro-textured hair so that we can provide an accurate comparison from which you can choose what works best for your natural or relaxed African hair. These are some of the factors we took into consideration when putting together this selection: –
- Read Also: 5 Best Dandruff Shampoo For Black Hair
– Base oil used (sustainable, plant-based)
– Easiness to use/ apply during the styling process
– Moisturizing properties
– Shea Butter & Olive Oil (Plant Based) – Coconut Oil (Plant Based) – Argan oil & Black Castor Oil (Plant-based for both oils but black castor can be animal-based depending on the source of harvest.) – Avocado Oil (Plant Based) – Almond oil & Grapeseed Oil (Non-greasy, lightweight plant-based oils )
Buying Guide for Pressing Oil for Natural Hair
– Choose pressing oil for hair that is plant-based (coconut, argan, avocado, etc) and avoid mineral oil-derived products as they are heavy and difficult to remove from the hair shaft which leads to reside build-up. Mineral oil is used in most commercial brands of pressing oils because it offers high viscosity or thickness at room temperature compared with other vegetable oils but this comes with downsides.
Mineral oil coats your tresses like plastic wrap preventing moisture penetration into the cortex so you need something lighter if you want healthy growth & shine without frizz buildup on your strands after a few days of applying the product.
- Read Also: 6 Best Setting Lotion For Black Hair
– Match base ingredients to your hair type. Those with dry, relaxed, or natural African hair should look for oils that are rich in fatty acids such as coconut & avocado oil. While those with high porosity (damaged)should avoid argan and grapeseed because they’re very lightweight while jojoba is the best moisturizing base ingredient choice.
– Avoid mineral-based ingredients at all costs!
– Some pressing oils to consider: Sustainably sourced shea butter, olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil, etc.
– Be selective when buying any product online to ensure you get the best quality of what you pay for! There are lots of “imitation” products on Amazon which may claim to be better than others but haven’t been tested or are of poor quality.
– We cannot use any animal-based ingredients for pressing oils because they contain cholesterol which is not good for our hair. This makes black castor oil a hard-to-find ingredient in nature so ensure you get cold-pressed, unrefined & organic if possible.
– Avoid mineral oil-derived products at all costs!
– Consider jojoba as it’s the most moisturizing product base choice among plant oils