Parents of toddlers know how expensive it can be to put a little one’s hair in a ponytail. The knots, the tears, and the frustration that comes from trying to get their hair into a knot-free ponytail are enough to make any parent want to give up on styling their child’s hair for good! That is why we recommend using natural oils on your toddler’s scalp before putting their hair in a ponytail. This will eliminate most of the tangles and knots they have in their locks so you don’t need to spend time brushing them out before tying things off with elastics.
The best hair oil for toddlers will be the one that contains natural ingredients and won’t cause any buildup or other issues on your child’s scalp.
Its natural ingredients will nourish your child’s scalp and hair without causing buildup or irritation, which is why it is the best choice of oils to use when preparing their locks before putting them in a ponytail.
- Read Also: Best Baby Shampoo for Dry Scalp
The best hair oil for toddlers should also be one that is easily absorbed by the skin, so you don’t have to worry about their locks looking greasy. The best hair oil for toddlers is also one that will leave your child’s locks shiny, smooth and healthy-looking.
What’s more? The oils we recommend here on our site are all non-toxic so you don’t have to worry about any negative side effects from putting them in a ponytail every day! Once you try it out, I am sure you’ll never want to go back to traditional styling methods for your toddler again:) Of course, there may be other reasons your little one has tangles and knots in their hair like playing outdoors or getting into the sandbox…but this tip alone should make things easier when trying to put their hair up.:) Happy Styling! 🙂
- 1 Best Hair Oil for Toddlers – Top 5
- 1.1 JOHNSON’S Baby Hair Oil
- 1.2 US Organic Baby Oil with Calendula, – Jojoba and Olive Oil with Vitamin E
- 1.3 Mom & World Baby Hair Oil With Organic & ColdPressed Natural Oil for Kids
- 1.4 Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Extra Moisturizing Detangler
- 1.5 Maya Mari – Kids Leave-in Conditioner With Coconut Oil
- 2 Buying Guide for Best Hair Oil for Toddlers
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 How to Choose Best Hair Oil for Toddlers?
- 3.2 Which hair oil is best for toddlers?
- 3.3 Is coconut oil good for toddlers hair?
- 3.4 How much organic coconut oil to use for kids?
- 3.5 Which oil is best for baby scalp?
- 3.6 How much shampoo should I use for my child?
- 3.7 Which shampoo is best for toddler?
- 3.8 Which conditioner is best for children?
Best Hair Oil for Toddlers – Top 5
JOHNSON’S Baby Hair Oil
Johnson’s Baby Hair Oil is a nourishing hair oil for baby boys and girls. It helps in strengthening the hair from root to tip, leaving it with a lustrous shine. The formula of this Johnson’s Baby product is enriched with Vitamin E that deep conditions your child’s hair while also providing protection against harmful UV rays that can cause damage to hair.
It has been found that women who are experiencing post-pregnancy hair loss (also known as telogen effluvium) can also benefit from this product. It is generally recommended for all children above 6 months of age. However, Johnson’s Baby Hair Oil should not be used on babies less than 6 months old or infants with sensitive skin or scalp. Moreover, if your child is suffering from any kind of skin irritation or other condition, then you must consult a doctor before using this product on him/her.
- Read Also: Best Coconut Oil for Toddler Hair
Hair fall is common in children and it occurs because their growth rate goes beyond the ability to produce new hairs resulting in dead ends which break easily leading to thinning of hair. Therefore, it is important to provide the necessary proteins and nutrients that ensure healthy hair growth.
· Care for your baby’s much-loved hair with Johnson’s Baby Hair Oil
· Vitamin E enriched formula helps to strengthen roots and improves shine
US Organic Baby Oil with Calendula, – Jojoba and Olive Oil with Vitamin E
Organic Calendula helps gently calm and soothe skin. Our baby oil is specially formulated for babies and enriched with vitamin E to keep the baby’s skin soft and healthy. It is made of organic jojoba oil, olive oil, calendula flower extract (organic), vitamin E. The product is cruelty-free.
· Gently softens and moisturizes
· Contains Vitamin E and Calendula extract.
Mom & World Baby Hair Oil With Organic & ColdPressed Natural Oil for Kids
This all-natural hair oil is made from a combination of cold-pressed, organic and natural oils. It’s a great scalp moisturizer that absorbs quickly leaving no oil residue.
Our kid’s hair oil contains Jojoba and Coconut Oil which are great for rejuvenating patches on the scalp as well as bringing out the natural beauty of your child’s hair. The blend of Almond, Olive, and Castor & Avocado Oils provides deep nourishment that is needed to combat dandruff giving you a clean and healthy scalp and hair.
· It is free of parabens and sulfates.
· Safe to use on all skin types.
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Extra Moisturizing Detangler
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Extra Moisturizing Detangler is a naturally-based hair care product that provides deep nourishment and moisture to promote healthy hair growth. This Detangle works on all hair types, especially for kids with curly hair. It also has a pleasant scent that will make your child want to use it every day!
· Sheabutter and Coconut Oil–Nourish and condition hair
· Hibiscus Extract–Adds moisture, shine, and luster
· Certified organic Shea Butter–Provides high-quality moisturizing benefits
Maya Mari – Kids Leave-in Conditioner With Coconut Oil
“Maya Mari Kids Leave-In Conditioner with Coconut Oil is a natural hair conditioner that moisturizes your child’s frizzy hair and dry scalp. This nutrient-rich formula deeply penetrates to promote softer, stronger, and dandruff-free hair. The leave-in conditioner makes your kid’s dull hair shiny by restoring the shine and vibrance of your child’s dull hair. It also reduces breakage and split ends.”
· Made from a natural plant extract.
· Works as a detangle and can treat dry hair without clogging the scalp.
· Gives powerful hold to hairstyles.
Buying Guide for Best Hair Oil for Toddlers
Few points to be kept in mind while choosing the best hair oil for toddlers:
1. Ingredients: Always check the ingredients before buying any organic baby oil for your toddler. Prefer oils that are made up of cold-pressed or natural ingredients like olive oil, jojoba oil, etc. instead of chemicals like parabens and sulfates. These days it is widely available for online stores like Amazon.
2. Check out the benefits of the product: All products claim some or other benefits but you should go through that properly to get a clear idea about what exactly the product does for your kid’s hair.
3. Smell: Your child might not let this massage this thing if it smells weird so choose something with a pleasant smell.
4. Check the product claim: It must be 100% natural and organic, preferable to no side effects. Also, look out for claims like it contains vitamin E and Calendula extract which are great for rejuvenating dry patches as well as bringing out the natural beauty of your child’s hair.
5. Price: While buying any kid’s oil remember to go with something which is affordable and easily available in the market.
6. Packaging: It will be easy to apply if it has a pump bottle or spray top for the oil.
7. Age range: As far as age is concerned, always buy something which is recommended by dermatologists. Also, it must be free of any harmful chemicals like parabens and sulfates.
- Read Also: Best Sunscreen for 6 Month Old
How to Choose Best Hair Oil for Toddlers?
You can’t go wrong with the classic, trusted brands like Johnson’s Baby oil. Also, it is safe to use on all skin types so your baby’s scalp won’t be irritated by any harsh chemicals when you apply this oil on his/her head. It is enriched with Vitamin E and Calendula extract which is great for rejuvenating dry patches and bringing out the natural beauty of your child’s hair. The product is cruelty-free.
· Quickly absorbs into the skin without leaving a greasy residue
· Contains Vitamin E and Calendula extract
· Safe for daily use on face, hands, and body now Foods Grap
Which hair oil is best for toddlers?
As per our experience and as said by many dermatologists, it is always better to go with a 100% natural hair oil for your toddler. We recommend you to choose from the list of best hair oils for toddlers which suit well on your kid’s hair.
You can use these following organic baby oil products or even mix them along with a few drops of essential oils like lavender oil, tea tree oil, etc. to make the routine of massaging easy and more beneficial.
- Read Also: 5 Best Shampoo for Toddler Hair Growth
Is coconut oil good for toddlers hair?
Yes, it is one of the best hair oil for toddlers. It makes your toddler’s hair more manageable and softer by deeply penetrating on to roots. Does coconut oil work as a natural conditioner that strengthens hair follicles along with providing great skin benefits like reducing wrinkles, redness, etc. ##How to use coconut oil for kids?
You can make routine of massaging your toddler’s scalp with some drops of this organic baby oil easy by doing the following things:
1. Take a little amount (2-3 teaspoons) of 100% natural organic coconut oil in a small bowl. If you are using refined coconut oil, then choose an unrefined version instead because it has a natural smell. So, if you apply something that smells weird then don’t be surprised that your baby cries or does not want you to apply this on his/her head.
2. Now, warm the oil in a small bowl by placing it under the tap of hot water for few seconds. It will melt quickly. You can also heat it directly in the sun if the weather is suitable but make sure don’t overheat it because the oil itself gets heated up easily during the summer period.
3. Once it melts, massage your toddler’s scalp with this lovely smelling hair oil for 10-15 minutes every night before going to bed. This way, you can establish a habit of regular hair massage which will be beneficial for your child in the long run.
4. Cleanse the hair properly after applying coconut hair oil otherwise it might feel heavy and greasy.
How much organic coconut oil to use for kids?
As per recommended quantity, you can mix around 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil. But make sure don’t overuse it because it has powerful benefits which might work against your baby’s scalp if an excess amount is applied in routine.
- Read Also: Best Olive Oil For Skin and Hair
Which oil is best for baby scalp?
Being active members of social media, we always give importance to what our readers, followers, and followers say. Recently, within a few days many people shared their experiences with us about which oil is best for baby scalp.
This made us realize that the most effective organic hair oil for toddlers with natural ingredients is Almond Oil. We recommend you to use almond oil or sesame seed oil along with few drops of lavender essential oils in your toddler’s routine to get rid of dandruff as well as other skin infections.
How much shampoo should I use for my child?
Remember one thing: whatever shampoo you are using on your kid’s head don’t put too much shampoo because it may cause dryness and itching by washing away natural oils from the skin. So, always follow the amount of shampoo that you need for your kid’s hair and scalp.
Which shampoo is best for toddler?
As per our experience with toddlers, we concluded that kids who are between 6 months to 3 years of age can use Johnson baby shampoo with a mild scent. This 100% tear-free shampoo cleanses hair gently without causing dryness or irritation because it is Sulfate-free which means there is no extra harmful chemical added in composition along with a good amount of natural oil like coconut oil etc. which makes this one of the most recommended shampoos for kids by parents worldwide these days. This way, you can completely rely on this shampoo with no doubt because it is clinically tested.
- Read Also: The 5 Best Weave For Thin Hair
Which conditioner is best for children?
When it comes to one of the most important sections in our article, i.e.; which conditioner, go with the safest option that we recommend for your toddler. It’s Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner.
This deep penetrating formula works effectively against dryness while keeping hair manageable and soft. You can also use Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner if you are looking for something more moisturizing for your kid’s hair because it uses concentrated amounts of glycerin.
Shea butter along with other essential ingredients to provide long-lasting effects on skin after washing out the product. It’s a very good quality shampoo that cleanses the head without leaving greasy or oily residues. It uses a weightless blend of ingredients.
- Read Also: Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry